Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Honeymoon destination: Singapore

I had just been to Singapore two weeks ago and realized that apart from having a sentimental value to me (this is where Mr. J and I went on our first out of country trip together.. I also got engaged here), Singapore is honeymoon-perfect for city-loving couples.  I know, I know.  I’m not even starting with wedding preps yet and here I am jumpstarting to honeymoon. *grin*

 

For the wifey, shopping seems to be synonymous with the country and there are a lot of places to get your fix.  For the LV baghag, I would recommend the one located at the Raffles Hotel shopping arcade.  It may not be as huge as the other branches (in Takashimaya and ION) but it is not as busy and from experience, the SAs are very attentive.  Plus, for tourists, you may be eligible to get a cool tax refund on your way out.  For the husband, you can schedule your honeymoon in time for the only night race in the annual Formula One car racing series.  Or, you can stay in Sentosa Island to be near the beaches and still have the option to go city-hopping which is just one shuttle bus/Sentosa train ride away.

 

Whatever you may decide, I’m sure Singapore’s got something to offer. *wink*

 

Happy travel newlyweds!

 

PS. These are links that may help you jumpstart that honeymoon planning to SG.  All are highly recommended as they've proven to be super helpful to me.

 

Singapore Tourism Site - Will help you map out your day-to-day activities.

 

GSS - Ahhh.  The Great Singapore Sale.  This is updated yearly with information on participating stores and events.

 

Sentosa - Been here and loved it.  Will definitely return.  Must try is the Luge and sky ride.  And 'Songs of the Sea'.

 

SG & Singapore Map - I like that most of the time they even have actual picture of whatever it is you are looking for (e.g. hotel, restaurant) and its surrounding area.

 

SMRT - Plan what MRT station you should alight or bus to take depending on your final stop.  They even have the fare price you would be paying.

 

Universal Studio Singapore - Haven't been here but from what I've gathered it is recommended you buy the ticket online as they usually are sold-out during the day.  I was told by a Singaporean friend that if I wanted to visit on a weekend, I would have to start queuing up in the morning to make sure I get tickets.  This could change though in the future since Universal is still relatively new (was opened early 2010) and as such, it is Singapore’s current must-visit place.

 

7MPHTKKYEM5G

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I found your blog post and like it. I'm impressed.You're truly well informed and brilliant.I appreciate your effort to write this great blog.I think this blog provides informative information . Thanks for sharing such a nice blog post.Proposal Ring

    ReplyDelete