Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wedding invitation budget: $40,000 - $50,000

Yep.  40 THOUSAND bucks for a wedding invitation.  When I was reading the ABCNews article, I had to do a double-take when the estimated amount that Chelsea Clinton's wedding invitations will cost appeared.  I’ve never been one to criticize a grand wedding and the budget that goes with it.  I’m not about to start now.  I was just surprised that such amount can be allocated to the wedding stationery.  I always thought a wedding budget like this would be on the other items like favors, extra rounds of the expensive Cristal champagne for toasting, or even a fabulous Swarovski-encrusted wedding cake.  Not on your wedding invitation.  Even if it’s Crane’s and letter pressed down to the smallest dot.  I am obviously wrong. 

Hopefully, this wedding will be featured somewhere (keeping my fingers crossed considering how tightlipped everyone’s been on the wedding details) because given this wedding budget, I can only assume that the word fabulous will be right up there in describing the affair.  Here is the complete breakdown of the wedding budget from top wedding planner, Claudia Hanlin of The Wedding Library.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dubai is best tourist place in the world and if you are going to find wedding venue in dubai then you are on right place...

    ReplyDelete