Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wedding motif: Retro chic

My inspiration for this wedding board is Birnbaum and Bullock's Audrey-inspired wedding gown.  When I was starting to collect images to support the dress, I realized that I wanted something that was retro-fun without the diner look.  And so to achieve the wedding look that I wanted, I incorporated vintage elements that will still keep the ambience fun and chic rather than formal or too casual.  I think I managed to create a wedding board with such a mood. *Hopefully, you guys agree too.*

{Click to enlarge}

The choice of transportation of course will be a fab top-down vintage car that will take you to your retro-vintage inspired wedding reception.  I imagine a wedding with this theme in mind will be done in an open grass area with white tents and tables with light gold tablecloth and decorated with pink roses placed on antique-finished teacups.  Lately, I have been loving lounge setups during cocktail hour wherein instead of chairs and sofas, there are blankets and pillows strewn on the ground.  For your entourage, the bridesmaids can wear different style of dresses in monochromatic shades of pink.  You can also gift them with pearl-accessorized jewelry on a gold chain.  This they can wear on your wedding day.

You may also apply touches of pink or gold in other small (but definitely not insignificant) details like ribbons for favor tags, hair accessories for even the littlest of guest (that cute 1-yr. old niece of yours will look adorable in a pink rosette headband as pictured above), or even to accentuate the food labels in your buffet table.  Other colors that I think will help highlight this particular wedding theme are bronze and cream.

Sources (clockwise from top-left):
Birnbaum and Bullock Audrey-style cocktail wedding dress
Unknown Flowers on vintage teacups
Etsy: briguysgirls Pearl earring and necklace set
Snippet and Ink Outdoor wedding lounge
Etsy: BannerBoutiqueOnEtsy Pink rosette headband
Amy Atlas Dessert bar
Elizabeth Anne Designs Vintage car
Olive Manna Twill tape fabric ribbon

1 comment: