Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 2010!

Happy December everyone!


Here in the Philippines, not only do we get all out festive during this holiday season, we Filipinos love to get married during this time too!  Yep, you read it right.  There are more December brides than there are June brides.  As it turns out, locally, the busiest wedding season is during Christmastime.  Wedding suppliers are so busy during this period that a candidate caterer I've talked to could only schedule a food tasting during the last week of January because December and January are packed with wedding schedules.

PS.  My wedding update: 1) Mr. J and I would be meeting with a gown designer a few days from now.  I've been a fan of her work that she's on my list of potential THE wedding gown maker.  2) We might have a church soon!

2 comments:

  1. Really? I didn't know that, but if you ask me, December is such a beautiful time to get married. There's just a feeling of festivity in the air you don't find in any other month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nikki!

    I'd have to agree that December is such a beautiful time to get married. Especially here since it's colder (not freezing cold but enough to have to wear a light sweater in the evening) and you get instant fab, Christmas-y decorations in the church.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete