Thursday, September 8, 2011

Supplier spotlight: Cupcakes by Sonja

Four.

I have inquired with four different bakers to find the one who'd not only be able to create the wedding cake I want but also at a price that wasn't too unrealistic.  I also kept shifting wedding cake ideas from cupcake towers to tiered cakes to a cake buffet.  Price, design, and taste all played a role on how difficult it was for us to find the one (final wedding cake design as well as the wedding cake supplier).


Of all the suppliers on our list, only Cupcakes by Sonja met our requirements.  Though it certainly didn't hurt that I was a fan of her cupcakes from way back to 2008 (so taste-wise, we already know what we're getting).  Her dessert creations is so much part of our relationship that I could remember two instances (on top of countless dates that ended with a cupcake or began with a cupcake) wherein Mr. J bought me (our favorite) Pistachio Berries n Cream just to make me happy: one time was after we had a semi-big fight; another time was when I was so pissed off because I had to work on a weekend (at around midnight, at that).  It was only natural that Cupcakes by Sonja would be a part of our wedding, too.

Some of the cupcake flavors that would be present at our wedding (from the Cupcakes by Sonja website):

Pistachio Berries n Cream

Vanilla Sunshine

Red Velvet

Chocolate Surprise

Chocolate Overload

Corresponding with the company was easy and Mitch (who was the one coordinating with me) would often answer my queries within a day or two.  Mr. J and I also met with Ms. Sonja Ocampo (the owner) and am delighted to report that she's so down to earth and easy to transact with.  In the end, we not only decided to have them do our wedding cake (we got such a good price for a 5-tiered vintage fairy tale inspired cake) but also got individual cupcakes (with customized design) as wedding favors as well as mini-cupcakes that would be added to our dessert buffet (note to self: need to ask Bizu to provide extra plating for this).

Wedding cake: check!  We're definitely more than half-way to finding wedding suppliers for July 14, 2012.  So excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment