Friday, September 10, 2010

Wedding motif: Light blue with silver accents

My favorite color is blue and I particularly like the lighter shade versions.  Although I will not be using this color on my own wedding (I want a more old world-soft pinks feel), I did find some wedding inspirations that I think would be perfect for a chic wedding motif using light blue (think sky) with accents of silver (think jewelry) to spice things up.

{Click to enlarge}

As promised, I am featuring a cocktail-length wedding-worthy gown.  The ivory silk shantung fabric with a waist accented with Chantilly lace trim plus floral detail gives the look a laid back but oh-so-chic look.  Wear with a birdcage veil for more drama.  For accessories: Still in accordance with the wedding theme, you can gift your bridesmaids with any silver jewelry with perhaps a blue gemstone attached to it.  I also particularly liked the touch of having silver brooches as accents to the bridal bouquet.

I would prefer using white/cream and very, very light pink flowers so that your blue color would pop out more.  And to add more glamour to you wedding table setting, why not use a silver place card holder (bonjour Paris!).  Think subtle chic.

Sources (from top left):

Top row
Jim Hjelm Blush Bridal Gowns Cocktail-length wedding gown
Etsy: lulieyal Pendant earrings
Blog: Karen Tran Designs and Events Reception Table Setup

Bottom row
Etsy: idoweddingveils Birdcage veil with flower detail
Elizabeth Anne Designs Wedding bouquet with bridal entourage
Little Things Favors Eiffel Tower place card holder

0 comments:

Post a Comment